Sunday, June 27, 2004

So I think I'm on the verge of losing it. I've suddenly realized that I can't possibly learn everything I need to learn before I take my test on July 17th no matter how hard I study. Right now, I'm feeling so defeated that I've lost all desire to give it my best shot. The DAT just seems like a huge, black hole into which I'm investing a lot of time and energy (neither amounts of which ever seem like enough) but will ultimately be disappointed with the results nonetheless.

I apologize - I'm not trying to throw myself a pity party and less than 3 weeks before my test is no time to give up. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I *gave up* a few months ago and am now just trying to spare myself the disappointment of not getting in by knowing that I didn't try my hardest. Seem backward and shockingly unlike me? It is.

I hope I can shake it soon. I'm feeling very depressed right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger TKP said...

Luten:

I'm sure you can make it through. Sometimes studying for a test can feel like walking blindfolded through a long hall. You won't know until the day of the test how far you've made it. Don't give up now...just give it your best shot, and know that you did. It's a much better feeling to know that you gave it your all and crapped out than to make a half attempt and crap out. Not that you'll necessarily crap out. I mean..er..crap. Wow, I hope its OK to write you a note of encouragement that includes the word "crap..."

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home