Monday, June 21, 2004

So a lot has been going on lately and I'm generally pooped. I've been working out and viewing apartments every morning, then packing lunch and heading to work, then studying all night after work. Sheesh - I'm feeling very tired. I just have to push it these next 4 weeks or so and then I'll get a breather.

Friday night after work we headed over the Arbor Brewing Company for a bon voyage party for John, my sister's boyfriend. He's spending the summer studying in China, will return in late August for about 3 weeks and will then go back to China for the school year. Yikes! John and my sister have spent less than a third of their relationship in the same city, let alone the same country! I hope they get a chance to travel together when they're both abroad :) After dinner, I literally just crashed at 11:30 pm...I must have been really tired. I woke up *super* early Saturday morning and really whipped through my errands-to-run list, which felt good. I picked up my contacts, bought our Father's Day gift, I checked out 2 apartments, and much more. I studied in the afternoon and since my sister was still in town, she took Josh and I out to dinner at a fantastic local Thai restaurant. Yay for Tofu Pad Thai! I studied the rest of the night even though I really wanted to head out to the Aut Bar with my sister and her friends. *sniff, sniff* Yesterday was Father's Day and b/c T and I were here, my parents drove up from GR with my dog Raja in tow to spend the day with us. We had lunch at Zingerman's (and sat outside in the sun - it was a beautiful day!) and then walked around the Farmer's Market for a bit. My parents got tired so we headed back to my apartment and conducted the "business" portion of our fun day together (which basically means my dad gave me some money) and then my family continued to make fun of my passport picture. Grrrr. My mom took a nap and my sister, dad and I went to go see The Terminal, which was cute. Overall, it was nice to see my family and my mom cooked A LOT of food to help me out a little including homemade brownies, banana bread, and tons of Indian food. Yay!

On a completely unrelated note, I think Julia and I might be close to signing an apartment...if everything works out, we'll be living on Fuller down by the hospital in a very nice 2 bedroom, so cross your fingers for us!

Also, here are those blasted pictures from Rick's about a week ago that I've been too lazy/busy to post:


Ewww, Sheila's a weirdo



AJ and I at Rick's



Me and a normal Sheila


Also, because Sheila and I liteally have opposite schedules (she works 8am-1pm and studies all night, I work 12pm-8pm and study all night), we've been leaving fun notes to each other on the dry erase board as our only means of communication. Lately, she's tried to leave me a joke or a riddle so I can respond. The other day, Sheila wrote:

Sonya-
If a dog barks, a cat meows, a cow moos, and a snake hisses, what does a monkey do?


Now, I must have spent a good hour over the course of the day trying to figure that one out and the only lame answer I could come up with was monkey around. I responded with this and said that I didn't think it was right, but asked what the real answer was. This was Sheila's response:



I fell over laughing when I came home that night. Oh, my crazy friends :)

Have a good week.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home