Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Well...I'm back from my whirlwind trip to Minnesota and boy are my arms tired! Since I left early Saturday and came back relatively early Sunday, it was a pretty exhausting trip but it was well worth it to see the enormous smile on Michelle's face as she walked down the aisle. I don't think I've ever seen a happier bride! The ceremony was so nice and the reception was very sweet; both Jason and Michelle seemed overjoyed to be married and *so* in love. Congratulations to them! I hope they're getting some sunny honeymoon weather down in Cozumel :) (let me pause here to shed a tear of envy!)

Since the wedding and reception were both pretty early in the day, we ended up just going back to the hotel, lounging around for a bit and watching a lame movie on HBO, and then going out to a local sports bar for dinner. Unsurprisingly, the place was a zoo since game 5 of the T-wolves/Lakers series was on and it sure seems like everyone in Minnesota is a basketball fan. We had a fun time and I tried my first ever Bloody Mary; since I love tomato juice and have always wanted to try one, I figured why not?. However, I think the bartender overseasoned it because I definitely needed it topped off with a little extra tomato juice. Yuck. Even though I think my bad Bloody Mary was an exception and not the rule, I don't think I'll be trying another one anytime soon. After dinner, we headed out for "uptown" Minneapolis, which seems to be a pretty cool city from what I saw. Luckily, Rod's girlfriend Elizabeth is from the area so she lead us around. We ended up at a really cool bar called Tonic - now, I'm not used to going to non-college bars that are actually decorated with more than old beer banners and sports paraphernalia, so I was majorly impressed. At Tonic, we ordered some fun and *strong* cocktails, and then called it a night around 1:30. The next day was just an early morning and my flight home. My sis picked me up from the airport and we went out to Big Ten Burrito. After a nap and the Pistons game (win #3!), I played Scattergories with AJ, David, Sheila, Francine, and Jesse for a while, then hit the hay.

Yesterday was pretty ordinary with studying at Amer's on Church St. However, you can't beat 4 day work weeks...especially those that culminate in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! Yipee! :D Well...I'll post a few pics from the wedding later tonight after studying and the Pistons game. Cross your fingers for my boys to take the Eastern Conference title against the Pacers. Oh yeah.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home