Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I've been sort of weblog MIA lately - oops. I've been pretty busy since I started in the other lab in the Dental School this past Monday. From now on, I'll be splitting my time between that lab and the Cancer Center every day. Because I'm learning a lot of techniques and assays that I will eventually have to incorporate into my own research over there, my days seem so much busier now. By the time I get to the Cancer Center in the afternoons, I do my work and it's suddenly time to go, which is certainly a welcome change. Also, although I'm still super confused at this point (secondary anti-MAPkinase antibody...raised in a goat? *scratches head with knuckles*), I'm learning a lot of valuable things at the other lab. In other good news, I have reason to believe that my hours might get switched to an earlier and more reasonable schedule - getting out at 6 might be in the near future, so cross your fingers for me!

I guess not much else is new. I've moved on to the "going through the notecards" part of my DAT studying which is so much better than notetaking. Sweet. Now all I have to do is memorize two full notecard boxes worth of information. Riiiiiggghhht. At least I have a renewed sense of motivation: 1.) because my test is 17 days away and 2.) because I talked for a long time with Brad, a PhD candidate and DDS from D-School lab, about dentistry, my interest in the field, and the entire process of applying. He said (and I quote) "...really, Sonya, you chose the best profession to pursue. It's truly amazing. I realize I'm partial, but it is the most challenging, satisfying, and rewarding career anyone could ever have." Whew. That's nice to hear :)

Have a great evening, my friends.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home