Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Comeback Post 2005

Perhaps the best way to deal with this post is to briefly acknowledge my one month's hiatus from blogging (oops!) and to quickly bring you all up to speed in list format..."you all" naturally referring to Josh after I tell him to read my weblog and perhaps one or two of you straggling friends of mine who knew I'd come back to my blog in the end. Thanks for hanging on -- this post is dedicated to you.


1.) India was wonderful. I got to spend a great deal of time with my mom, sister, and extended family, sort of practice my Bengali, eat some serious mishti (sweets), and revel in the overwhelming but endearing chaos that is Calcutta. I'm really looking forward to going back and staying longer, perhaps travelling around India a little next time.

2.) After months of complaining, I am thrilled to be starting a full time research position at the dental school where I currently only spend half of my day. Three cheers for a raise, a NORMAL 8-5 schedule, and making some serious professional connections. Who knows...perhaps I'll consider doing my PhD after dental school. Then I'd be a doctor doctor. Ha ha ha! Yeah, right.

3.) This no-Spring-Break business is really throwing me for a loop. While my friends are diligently planning their respective trips to the Bahamas, Boston, and Florida for the end of this month, I'm stuck thinking about how my next break isn't until Memorial Day...at the end of May. I think I'll be homicidal by then so don't be surprised if a warm-weathered trip *pops* up before then.

4.) I love love and Valentine's Day is only 12 days away. I think this holiday was made up for me and me alone -- an excuse to wear pink and eat chocolate? Yay!

5.) It is time once again for me to slowly begin panicking about where and with whom I am going to live next year. If you'll be in the Ann Arbor area this fall and need a roomie, let me know.

6.) A new year has begun (wow...I really haven't written in a while) and while I've resolved yet again to "get back into shape," I mean it this time. I also resolve to slowly cut dairy out of my diet, live as ecologically as possible within my means, send more snail mail, and to spend less of my time being angry or impatient.

7.) That blasted Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today which supposedly means another 6 weeks of winter. Oh you non-Michigander winter amateurs -- only 6 more weeks of winter would put us at a mid-March spring, a sure treat for folks from the mitten state. If history counts for anything, I'll be rocking my long johns until the third week of April at least...groundhog shadow or no groundhog shadow.

Well, it's not an exhaustive list and seven short, numbered blurbs certainly don't do justice to the major events of the past month, but they'll have to do. Here's my promise for a more blog-consistent 2005. Starting today.

xoxox



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home