Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Last night was the best night of sleep I've had in months. I gulped down three capsules of Valerian root (a smelly herbal supplement that apparently makes you sleep soundly) and read The New Yorker for 15 minutes before hitting the hay way early at 11:32. I can't remember waking up once all night and opened my eyes just minutes before my first alarm rang at 7:11 this morning. Ahhh, bliss. I can't wait to go to bed tonight in anticipation of beautifully deep, restful sleep. That is, of course, assuming the Pistons win game 3 against the Spurs tonight. I doubt I'll sleep soundly if we suffer another loss.

Sleep or no sleep, things are going well lately. My time in the lab is slowly coming to a close and I'm training some new people who will be taking over my project. We just had a new post-doc come in from Japan and I'm teaching him some of the techniques so I've been having a blast helping him better his English. For example, we learned and then used "coincidence," "viscous," "farmer's market," and "clumsy" all in the last few days. He says I'm the best English teacher he's had and that I should consider (though I doubt he used the word "consider") teaching the international students/post-docs at U of M. Yay! Maybe I'll give it some thought :)

Also, I'm trying to get the ball rolling this week on scheduling some fun summer plans (yikes! It's already mid-June!). I think Josh and I will be camping with my EK friend Christin and her boyfriend Bob one weekend in early July, my other good EK girlfriends are trying to set-up a girls' weekend in Cincinnati for the end of July, and I'm looking at plane tickets to somewhere *maybe* for next weekend. The big August trip will be my project for this week. Not to mention that my big sis will be coming back to the States at the end of July so I'm simply thrilled. The next two months will be busy busy busy so catch me if you can!

Have a great evening and go Pistons!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home