Thursday, June 16, 2005

Maybe I shouldn't have cursed the heat so soon--it's getting chilly again here in Ace Deuce (a local Ann Arbor nickname...get it?). I might have to wear--gasp--long sleeves tomorrow! I just don't know about that.

Anyways, I can't believe my life has become so dull that I must resort to discussing the weather in every post. Oy. I'll try to spice things up a little tomorrow with the Friday Fiver. Thanks to my sister for sending her personal Friday Fiver to me from across the ocean via commenting ability. What a riot. Summers have always been so different for the two of us: while I was perfecting my tan (okay, insert obvious joke here about my year-long tan) and working at the likes of Old Navy, she was working on her search for the perfect article about nuclear arms stockpiling. Hmmm...guess who's the cooler sister...

At any rate, I had a great night's sleep again last night after taking that stinky root and working out really hard every day this week so far. I had taken a tiny hiatus from the gym but am feeling good now that I'm going again consistently. The other day I could have sworn I was on Candid Camera because a man who closely resembled Mr. Kotter (from "Welcome Back Kotter") in referee-striped shorts and a too-small tank top was gyrating and thrusting his hips in the stretching room in such a way that would most likely be considered illegal in a few states. Now, I've seen some gym-goers doing the wildest and most painful looking yoga stretches possible in that room before but this guy was doing what is best described as a Napolean Dynamite-esque performance. You'd better believe my head was to my knee while I was stretching my hamstrings so that he wouldn't see me laughing.

Okay, I should get back to the research scene. Ugh. The only thing I'd like to be researching right about now is tropical destinations for my cruise...

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home