Friday, August 04, 2006

Well. It seems that the only part of me on vacation this summer is my weblog. It's been a while. I guess the reasons for my hiatus are two-fold: 1.) my internet access has been remarkably limited since I moved into my new place (fortunately, Comcast installs today so expect a renewed weblog zeal in the weeks to come), and 2.) I've been quite melancholy lately. Between recent family health scares and the tragic loss of a good friend's loved one, I haven't felt happy, excited, or even interested in much lately. I'm feeling a little better recently and hope that will allow me to be a more supportive friend, sister, and daughter if needed.

Mopiness aside, I'm looking forward to a weekend on the lake at my friend Grant's cottage. Now, Grant takes the cake for being the most laid back person I've ever met and I was first jealous and later awed by how he could say as cool as a cucumber during his first year of dental school. Needless to say I was shocked when I discovered that summertime Grant is even more relaxed, if that's even humanly possible. The kid literally spends every second possible at the beach, playing basketball, or out with friends every summer. He certainly doesn't bother taking phone calls unless it's either storming or too humid to lay out and his tan when I saw him 2 weeks ago rivaled mine at the summer mid-point. Hopefully his "what responsibilities?" attitude will rub off on me a little this weekend so that I unwind for the last 2 1/2 weeks of summer instead of making my time off a decorating frenzy.

That being said, good times lie ahead. I'm starting to get the ol' wheels turning again in preparation for the pace of school...not necessarily the work demands but the fun demands. Fall is a busy time for the class social chair with new D1's to host at various events, football tailgates, and warm late summer nights that make everyone want to go out and have a good time. I've got a couple aces up my sleeve for this year in terms of events (and a brand spankin' new grill for tailgates!) and I'm looking forward to having a few not-so-low-key times soon :)

That's about it for now. I beseech you to get out there and enjoy the perfect weather this weekend if you're in the Midwest. 85 is like an arctic blast compared to the chart-topping 105 degree days as of late.

Ciao!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home