Tuesday, February 20, 2007

There's been a lot going on these past few weeks and I've got the pictures to show it! Go ahead, give 'em a look see:

A few weeks ago, we spent a Friday night in a very heated beer pong tournament at the Delt Sig house. Even though I'd watched a million times, I'd never really played myself. Much to my surprise, I'm a dead ringer at beer pong! My depth perception is pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Holly was my partner and we were definitely the dark horse team of the night.







Although Josh and I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day, I received a special treat on my bathroom mirror from my honey and some gourmet chocolates. We also made our favorite pasta dinner together complete with sauteed portabellas, sundried tomatoes, asparagus, and fresh garlic. Did you notice the heart-shaped noodles? :)





Last week I presented my poster at the Dental School's annual Research Day. I spent last summer researching oral cancer cell signaling with a small research grant from the NIH and presented at Research Day as a requirement for the program. I've never presented a poster before and even though the preparations were exhausting, I think it went well and I'm happy with the results. My Daddy even managed to stop by for a few minutes to support me by listening to my experiment details and bringing me a Starbucks gift card!





Josh's 5-on-5 intramural basketball team went all the way to the finals for their division this weekend and got to play the championship game at Crisler Arena, the stadium for the U of M basketball team. I was there in a vain attempt to relive my cheerleading heydays and to snap some pics. Naturally, Josh's team claimed the game and the division title! (Josh is #45 at the far left of the action shot)





There's the short and sweet update! I'm 3 days away from spring break and couldn't be more ready for a vacay. I really wish I'd stop finding such wicked deals on tropical trips because it'd just be a shame to turn them down! This year, I'm heading back to Mexico to an all-inclusive resort highly recommended by my friend Christin in Puerto Vallarta (the resort is in Puerta Vallarta, not my friend Christin). I haven't thought about it much until very recently and now all I can think about is fun in the sun!

I think that's the dinner bell I hear ringing. I'm hoping to catch a free concert by the University Symphony Orchestra tonight at Hill Auditorium. I love that the School of Music has at least a dozen free performances every week...and that now I have the time to enjoy them!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home