Monday, April 16, 2007

No more pencils, no more books

Ugh. Only 2 more finals to go. All I have to do is stay focused for 26 more hours and I'm home free from winter semester. Unfortunately, that hasn't been as easy as it sounds. After taking one final this morning at 8, my "small break" before getting back to the books turned into a two hour adventure to Starbucks and Borders and ended with an impromptu nap on the couch. I did, however, have the energy to wake Josh up by blasting Alice Cooper's School's Out and work up a sweat by lip synching and playing some wicked air guitar for 2 minutes. I hope our twenty-something neighbor across the street didn't see me; our blinds were open and I've been trying to seem mature and friendly so she'll ask me to dogsit her chihuahua on Sundays like she does one of our other neighbors.

I really should go study. But first, 2 things:

1.) I liked this "The Way I See It" quote on the back of my Starbucks coffee cup this morning (I know). It's not a new idea or a particularly original way of putting it but rather a good reminder:

Growing up, my parents always said, 'You will leave this world the same way you came into it: with nothing.' It made me realize that the only things we do in this world that count are those things that make the world a better place for those who will come behind us.

-- Tyrone B. Hayes
Biologist, herpetologist and National Geographic Emerging Explorer


2.) It's my good friend Stephanie's birthday today! I'm so glad I got to see her recently and that we made plans to see each other more this summer.

Happy Birthday, Steph!


I traditionally reserve the playing of School's Out for immediately following my last final each semester but needed a pick-me-up today. I'm so close!

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes


See, even Alice Cooper likes puns! ;)

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home