Saturday, March 17, 2007

What's Irish and stays out all night?

Patty O'furniture! Ha! Just my favorite St. Patty's Day joke for your reading pleasure :)

Well, I'm finally back after my post-vacation weblog vacation. Like I mentioned, I had a great spring break in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and being back at school, although no frisbee game on the beach, hasn't been too bad. The past 2 weeks have flown by and I'm thismuch closer to wrapping up the winter semester and winter weather. Check out my vacay pics below:


Old Man Winter definitely had his way with our trip. All 16 of us were on the same flight leaving Sunday morning and found out late Saturday night that it was cancelled due to the massive winter storm that shut down O'Hare for a few days. We all had to scramble with Josh and I driving to Grand Rapids to catch a 5:50 am flight and other friends leaving from Cincinnati or juggling the Detroit departure schedule. Unfortunately, about half of our party got delayed overnight in Dallas and had to miss almost a day and a half of vacation. Our ungodly early flight was delayed 3 hours due to being overbooked by 13 people. Here the runway crew is de-icing the plane's wings prior to take off.



We finally made it! Fortunately, the only cloudy day was our first afternoon there.



These nerds played jumbo chess for almost 2 hours! (L to R: Stacy, Diane, Katrina, Connie)



Katrina and I didn't know what we were getting ourselves in to when we agreed to be on opposing "Tequila" and "Cerveza" teams for the Beach Olympics one morning...



Two games of beach volleyball, one game of beach soccer, a sack race, and a 20 minute game of water polo later we were exhausted. Here, Josh snapped a pic of us deliberately un-participating because the soccer game was getting a little too intense.



Of course Josh, Katrina, and I found the only travel Scrabble in a 10 mile radius



Only 60 pesos extra for a song by an authentic mariachi band during dinner? Of course! Hey, I invest in experiences, not things :) (Stacy and me)



We went in to the actual city of Puerto Vallarta for Roua's mid-week birthday. We convened at the ridiculous underage drinking hot spot "Senor Frog's" and continued on from there. (L to R: Roua, me, Connie, Diane, Jessica)



Josh got yanked on stage for one evening's "Macho Man" contest at the resort's on-premesis theater. Much to his embarassment, he had to do a macho John Wayne walk, take a shot of pretend tequila, and do a "Mexican hat dance" followed by a "sexy dance." Who knew Josh was such a thesbian?



Our last night there, Roua and I took a series of cheesy BFF/senior pictures. I didn't realize until we got home that Grant had found a way to sneak into the background of every one. Can you spot him?





It may be a long time before I have another pina colada or strawberry daquiri after this all-inclusive week. Or guacamole...I think I ate my body weight in guac.



Me and my favorite vacation buddy. He's always up for a game of frisbee, getting up early to kayak with the dolphins, or sunscreening my back :)


I wish I could go back!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home