Friday, April 23, 2004

As a study break since it's only 1:30 pm and I've already been awake for 6.5 hours today, here's the Friday Five. Enjoy!

From April 25, 2003 Archives

1. What was the last TV show you watched?

I watched "I Want a Famous Face" with AJ and Sheila because it happened to be on and we happened to be in the living room. "Reality TV" and particularly shows that glamorize plastic surgery (especially to young people) as a means by which one can overcome their personal insecurities make me feel sick and sad. Personally, I don't want my friends or my 18 year old daughter to think they/she can gain confidence with silicone.

2. What was the last thing you complained about?

This question is like a cake walk for me. Just ask my family, Josh, or my roommates. Hmmm...perhaps my huge physics final tonight, my job ambiguity, my canker sores, being tired, not having a car...? Oy, I need to stop complaining so much.

3. Who was the last person you complimented and what did you say?

Although I'd like to think I complimented someone in the last 8 days, I'm drawing a blank. However, at my emotionally charged last bi-weekly meeting last Thursday, we do an activity where we write something special about every other woman on the crisis line and how they have impacted us and put them in an envelope for them to take home. I complimented a lot of people that night because that group of women amazes me.

4. What was the last thing you threw away?

Starbursts and food wrappers at Amer's while I was studying this morning.

5. What was the last website (besides this one) that you visited?

CNN.com - my only link to the outside world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home