Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I haven't felt too keen on posting lately - it's probably because I'm in this weird transition period between apartments for 10 days during which all of my belongings are locked away in a 5 x 10 foot storage unit near Meijer and I'm literally living out of a bag. The house I'm crashing at is kind of weird (no trash can in the bathroom and unlocked doors 24/7?), so I'm feeling sort of out of my element.

The move went quite smoothly, though. Again, I couldn't have even fathomed doing it without Josh's help. He moved the majority of my stuff for me while I was at work; what a prince. I spoke with Julia (my roommmate for the fall) at length last night and we worked out all of the pre-moving details such as how many forks we'll have collectively and figuring out who will bring the all-too-necessary-these-days George Foreman Grill.

It's weird to think that in the coming week, all of the U of M students will begin to filter into town, dragging behind them oversized plastic storage units and zany dorm room decorations. It hasn't quite hit me yet that I won't be joining their ranks and that I am now an official 9 to 5 real lifer (more like 11:30 to 8...yuck!). *sigh* At least I can still party with the best of them :)

In other news, my allergies have gotten out of control. I've never had allergies in my life before last summer, my first summer in Ann Arbor, and am quite miserable this year. It's the severe itchiness that's killing me and then the subsequent drowsiness that comes with allergy medicine. It's a lose-lose situation. I can't even dream of wearing eye makeup lately and have resorted to every day being a glasses day.

I guess that's it. My posts will probably be few and far between until I get settled into my new apartment next week.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home