Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So far this break I've...

1.) ...checked my grades from last semester online upwards of 6 times. Somehow I might have pulled off my best semester of dental school yet. Then again, every semester of dental school completed is the best semester yet.

2.) ...insatiably consumed root beer floats (shortened to "RBF's" for convenience). I had my very first one about 2 months ago after much prodding from Josh and protest on my part. I still can't figure out how I've managed to live without RBF's in my life and to make up for lost time, I've had one 5 out of the past 6 nights. To my credit, I use diet root beer and soy vanilla ice as opposed to their more indulgent couterparts. But still, 5 out of 6?

3.) ...been at the mercy of a 2 year old Pomeranian mix and a 14 year old slightly spoiled daisy pup. Josh and I watched our family dogs, Rosco and Raja respectively, for 5 days as our families were about on business and pleasure trips. I've watched Raja plenty of times and he's usually an angel but having Rosco around brought out the puppy in him. Lets just say the boys barked in stereo at every neighbor or delivery truck that passed and I didn't sleep through the night all week. Overall, they were very well-behaved and it was fun having them around but I think I'm temporarily cured of my baby longing for a while...I need my beauty sleep!

4.) ...not studied for the Boards nearly enough. Having the dogs and just coming out of finals made it hard to jump right into the rigorous study schedule I'd planned. It's time to put the ol' nose to the grindstone now. 'Nough said.

6.) ...missed my family. As always, the four of us are pretty spread out right now and it's been a while since I've seen my Mom and sister. Here's hoping we can hang out a little bit later this summer...or else quality time will just have to be spent when I drag the three of them in for dental treatment come fall. Muhuwahahahaha!

5.) ...co-founded the Meadowbrook Village Amateur Audubon Society with Josh. We were witness to some crazy duck vs. goose mating season drama at the pond/dog run at our apartment complex this week while walking the dogs. It was practically like watching that Planet Earth mini series every afternoon and we started going back for more action. I think we're starting to get the back story now.

6.) ...won a mixed doubles table tennis tournament with my Daddy. Sure, there was only one other team and my Dad probably could have beaten them alone and blindfolded but it was still fun to play together. Really though, once I warm up a little I'm not half bad. At the very least I think my serve could sting pretty badly if I worked on it. Who knows, maybe I'm The Next Calcutta Kid?

Tomorrow I'm picking up tickets to U of M's commencement ceremony this weekend because Bill Clinton is the keynote. Awesome!

And I'm going to study. A lot.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home