Friday, June 24, 2005

Whoa. I totally forgot I have a weblog. Maybe I should rethink becoming a mother...there could be some serious consequences to simply "forgetting" about my 2 year-old for a week.

Anyhow, I have a few thoughts to finish out this week (start, in terms of my weblog) and then I'll do the Friday Fiver.

1.) Pistons. What can I say? It's been an arduous and emotionally-draining post-season. San Antonio looked bad last night but Pistons just could not take the rock to the hole. I'm proud of our guys though and as one optimistic fan put it at Scorekeepers last night: "That's alright. We're going back to work next season. Workin' harder than ever." True dat.

2.) Why do people smoke? I think I inhaled more second-hand smoke last night sitting in our little booth at Skeeps than I have in my entire life. Imagine the look on the smokers' faces when they asked what kind of research I do. Oral cancer is right, kiddies.

3.) Once again, I'm salivating at the thought of my Mom's Food Network-inspired cooking as of late. Even though I was only in G-Rap for 24 hours last weekend, the woman made me homemade chow mein, homemade lasagna, a mango smoothie, peaches halved and filled with crumbled almond biscotti and whip cream, and a salad made out of a quarter head of lettuce filled with bleu cheese and cherry tomatoes. I'm sure I forgot some others, Mom, but rest assured that they were all wonderful and appreciated. Seriously, if you're in town, stop by my house and try some of my Mom's cooking...otherwise I'll have to be rolled out of my front door next time I visit.

Okay, I thought I had a lot more to say but I'm drawing a blank. _________________ (haha, get it? I kill me!) Anyhow, without further ado, here's this week's Friday Fiver. Again, send me your answers so that I know there is somebody out there in cyberspace who actually gives a rat's ass that I have a weblog:

1. What is your favorite action movie? So, does this new genre of superhero movies count? Because if so, I'd definitely say Spiderman II. As for a more traditional action movie, I'd say The Rock or Speed, both 90's classics.

2. What is the worst movie you've ever seen? Definitely 1999's Simply Irresistible with Sarah Michelle Gellar. It had something to do with magic cooking and I seem to remember the camera cutting to a close-up of a totally random and irrelevant crustacean. Oh, also The Skulls.

3. Do you prefer comedy or drama? Drama. At the risk of sounding incredibly pretentious, I find most of the popular comedies banal and lowbrow (with the exception of Pixar and Wes Anderson films).

4. Recommend a good tear jerker: I cried for half an hour after the credits of Philadelphia rolled. I also had to wipe off my neck after seeing my favorite film of the year, Million Dollar Baby.

5. What movie are you looking forward to seeing soon? Well, I can't wait for Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire to come out in November naturally. I'm also interested in seeing The Island this summer because I love love love Scarlett but maybe I'll just rent the DVD.

Alrighty, there you have it. Welcome weekend and enjoy the sunshine (and blazing 105 degree Fahrenheit heat index today in Ann Arbor)!

xoxox

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I give a rat's ass that you have a weblog! You are very entertaining. :) Here's my answers:

1. What is your favorite action movie?
The Italian Job is a favorite - True Lies is good too.

2. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Possibly Being John Malkovich.

3. Do you prefer comedy or drama?
Usually a comedy, but it depends on my mood.

4. Recommend a good tear jerker:
Love Actually - I think it's supposed to be a romantic comedy, but it's so good I always cry at the end.

5. What movie are you looking forward to seeing soon?
Oh boy ... I can't even remember any summer movies I really want to see. I'll agree with Sonya that I'm looking forward to seeing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in November. I'm definitely looking forward to my pre-ordered book #6! :)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Dude, your mom's cooking is TO DIE FOR. I got to sample it when I was visiting with Tanya in Calcutta...I still drool when I think of it! Maybe we'll crash your place the next time we're driving through Michigan.

6:26 PM  
Blogger TKP said...

Tanya's Response to the Friday Fiver:

1. Favorite Action Movie: In Tanya land, the words "favorite" and "action movie" are never employed in the same sentence.

2. Worst Movie: I curse myself for wasting $7.00 US Dollars to see "Without a Paddle," as well as "The Rules of Attraction." Most disappointing (in my humble opinion) was "Million Dollar Baby."

3. I prefer drama to Hollywood-style comedies, although I love off color comedies such as "The Royal Tenenbaums." For me, that film is a kind of pretentious personality litmus test when I meet new people.

4. Tear Jerker: That scene in Dumbo when he goes to his mother's cage and she rocks him to sleep in his trunk...I get choked up just typing about it...

5. Looking forward: To seeing how "The DaVinci Code" movie is. I was obessed with the book this year. I hear Tom Hanks is playing Robert Langdon?

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home