Monday, April 17, 2006


I spent most of Saturday enjoying the beautiful weather by strolling around the Farmer's Market and Main Street stores. Peaceable Kingdom, one of my favorite Main Street stores, has a collection of hand enameled pins that are tiny and incredibly detailed renditions of bones, the eye, various organs, etc. by an artist in Juneau, Alaska. Health professionals must get a kick out of beautiful, miniature glass pins of kidneys and the like. Needless to say, I was thrilled to find a tooth pin that was not only affordable but anatomically accurate in terms of the different tissue layers and compositions of the surrounding bone, gingiva, and tooth itself. The pin has found a permanent home next to the "Veggies are Dope" pin on my oft-worn jean jacket which I plan on rocking all summer long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home