Sunday, July 29, 2007

ICFD, HP, and BBQ (or: my life as of late)

Is it terrible that Josh and I have had ice cream for dinner so many times in the past 2 weeks that we've resorted to proposing it to one another simply as ICFD? Even though I feel kinda queasy after ICFD without fail, nothing in this world sounds better than a small twist in a cup topped with a heaping spoonful of M&M's after a long day of clinic. What's worse is that we've shown up to Dairy Queen four times in the past 10 days in our U of M Dental scrubs. Do you want a dentist who has ice cream for dinner every night? Oy.

Anyhoo, posting was near impossible this past week or so because it would have required me tearing myself away from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which I finished last Wednesday. I won't give any spoilers except to say that I was literally blubbering with tears at some parts. I actually had to remove and wipe off my glasses lenses numerous times throughout the night in order to get through the last 10 or so chapters. I cannot believe how emotionally invested I've become in those characters over the past 8 years. A few of my fellow non-Muggle friends and I went to the midnight book release party at Borders that Friday just for the experience. It was basically pandemonium right up until midnight (at which time throngs of fans chanting "We want the books!" stormed the information desk) and a lot of the costumes were pretty good. I'll try to get a hold of the picture Katrina and I took with an incredibly convincing Voldemort. Sure, we had to pledge to become Death Eaters to get the photo but it was worth it.

Besides Harry and ice cream, I've also been trying to squeeze the last bit of barbecueing and pool time out of the remaining few warm summer days. For some reason, I get very uncomfortable every year after the fourth of July when I feel like summer is on its way out. In reality, we've got at least a month and a half left of great weather but I try to prepare myself way in advance. After Wednesday of this week, I'm technically on vacation until August 20th. I have, however, signed up to do an optional oral surgery rotation for the first two weeks of my precious vacation at school every day from 8 to 5. It's a long story so don't ask but let's just say I'm less than thrilled. It didn't help much to see the glorious weather forecast for this coming week which will see me in a surgery suite doing tooth extractions. Oh well, here's hoping I learn a lot.

Speaking of surgery at 8 am, I should probably hit the hay. In an attempt to enhance the quality of my sleep, I've been trying to do a half an hour of something calming before bed by turning off the TV and/or computer. I'm failing dismally right now seeing as how I'm simultaneously blogging and watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. What, a re-enactment of sharks attacking the survivors of the USS Indianapolis shipwreck isn't relaxing?

And now for some pictures:


Grant brought puppy Koda to our softball game. We tried to snap a picture of him in the mitt but he scurried on out. I want a puppy!



The female Molar Bears and Marty shouting out the lineup with gusto



We were up 6 runs so we decided to do a photo shoot



Finally, a HUGE congratulations goes out to my long-time bestest buddy Christin and her now fiance Bob on their engagement this past weekend! I literally screamed out loud and jumped in place when I got Christin's text message tonight ("Good news. We're getting hitched!") and called immediately for the details. I can't think of a better couple! :)


Congratulations Christin & Bob!


xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home