Thursday, August 23, 2007

Snore-onto

I'm back from vacation and sitting on my couch on a blissful Thursday night watching Mars Attacks! Classes and clinics started again this past Monday and I'm already feeling a little fried. As Katrina put it, it feels more like we had a long weekend than a 2 1/2 week break. It certainly doesn't feel like the beginning of fall semester but I can't complain--watching the new D1's start on Tuesday just reminded me how much better I have it this year than the first two years!

Anyhoobie, Josh and I took a short trip to Toronto last week to get away from Ann Arbor a little bit and to explore a big city. I've been to Toronto a few times recently but Josh hadn't been in a long time so we were both excited. We did a lot of research and consulted a lot of friends as to where to shop, eat, and play. Unfortunately, I think we must have missed something. We were unimpressed with the shopping, shockingly had trouble finding restaurants, and got embarassed saying "loonie" and "toonie". To be fair, we didn't exactly paint the town red after dark or quite have the funds to shop in Yorktown. Even still, we just didn't love it as much as we were hoping. It was great to get out of town for a little bit and we did enjoy visiting the Bata Shoe Museum but I guess we'll have to give Toronto a second chance another time. Here are a few pics:


A drive-by pic of the CN Tower



Canadian geese at Eaton shopping Centre



The heart of downtown on Yonge Street



A self shot in a cozy booth at The Pickle Barrel restaurant


Before coming back to school, we also camped it up with our friends Christin and Bob slightly outside Ann Arbor last weekend. It's always good to see high school friends and newly-married Rod even turned up for a day. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the tent the whole weekend so I don't have any pics but we had a good time. I'm hoping to have one more chance to go camping this year before it gets too cold later in the fall but the outlook is not good; 4 of 5 weekends in September are home Michigan football games. We'll see...I didn't quite get my fix of hobo pizzas and campfire smell this year.

I guess much like my trip to Toronto this post has been pretty snore-worthy. Expect some pics and a recap of The Meltdown, the annual dental school welcome back party tomorrow night, soon.

Have a great weekend!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home