Friday, July 22, 2005

I wrote this yesterday and forgot to post it:

Talk about serious weblog neglect! Well, I AM alive and well despite my 5 hour delayed flight home from Washington D.C. late Monday night. Despite a rocky return journey, Josh and I had a wonderful time with our pals Julia and AJ in the city. We did a lot of the standard touristy things like visiting the museums of American History and Natural History, the National Gallery, all of the monuments (FDR is by far my favorite) and the International Spy Museum, which was obviously awesome. I feel as though I learned some valuable information about my Dad's "real job," if you know what I mean. I could tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you.

Ah-hem...anyway...Josh had already fallen in love with the city within hours of our arrival. D.C. is so jumping right now for young professionals and we had a blast hitting the bars in Adams Morgan on Saturday night with our crew. Not to mention my always classy cousin Shoma treated us to a fab dinner and a few cocktails in swanky Baltimore (insert sarcasm here) Friday night. Really, though--Shoms showed us a great time around a nice area and also put my party persona to shame when she slept less than 5 hours after going out and was raring to go for another 24 hour shift at the hospital after our night on the town. I could definitely take a few lessons from her seeing as how I've become a middle-aged prude. Finally, this trip just completely reaffirmed the fact that I love love LOVE public transportation! Every time I got on the Metro I couldn't stop raving about what an ingenious and socially sound invention it was. Not to mention D.C.'s system is only about 25 years old (Julia's fun fact of the day!) which makes traveling by Metro simply a pleasure. *sigh* I love big cities :) At any rate, pictures are definitely on the way even though it was so ridiculously humid in D.C. that my ordinarily polished coif was out of control the entire weekend.

In other news, I'm on my way to Cincinnati this weekend for the first annual rendezvous with my girlfriends from East Kentwood High School. Because we've all spread out a bit due to marriage, jobs, and school, Cinci seemed to be the most equally accessible city. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again, sharing old memories, and seeing how we've all grown. Hopefully my hair will be a little more tame. Expect those pics next week, too ;)

Finally, hip hip hooray for my sister being back in less than 48 hours! I'm hoping that she'll be able to spend some time with my in Ann Arbor next week and then I'm going home for a week. I'm excited :)

Happy Thursday!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home