Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hiya. Things are back in full swing after my fun weekend away. Josh and I had a great time camping with our EK buddy Christin, her boyfriend Bob, and their friends near Chelsea. Bob has a boat and we spent a leisurely Saturday tooling around the many lakes in the area and taking turns tubing. I chose the sit-in-the-middle-of-the-tube as opposed to the hang-on-with-your-arms-for-dear-life position to lower the risk of getting flung off (and having to bob in deep, murky lake water until the boat comes back to pick you up--shudder). I did a pretty good job of holding out even through some choppy water :) It was really relaxing and even though I ate waaaaaay too many s'mores, I had a great time. I took a few pictures that I'll post soon.

The plan for this week is to really go pedal-to-the-metal at work and then jet off to D.C. early Friday morning. I can't wait! Josh has never been to the nation's capital and we haven't seen Julia and AJ in a long time. I'm really looking forward to our trip out there and to taking public transportation. We'll also be spending a night in Baltimore with my cousin Shoma (a.k.a. Sho-love) and hitting the town there. I won't be back in Ann Arbor until Monday night so it will be (another!) nice little trip.

Three other items of note:

1.) My sister will be back in the States Saturday, July 23. She's coming in a little earlier than anticipated and I couldn't be more thrilled. Even though I have to work until the 29th, I'm really looking forward to seeing her.

2.) Cruise tickets came in the mail yesterday. Yahoo! I was starting to get down about our trip for some reason recently but my excitement has been reinstated. Hopefully this time Josh and I will be able to stay away from the Bingo (b-b-but you could win a free cruise!)

3.) I bought my first gallon of lactose-free milk last week and let me tell you, it rocks my world. It tastes exactly like real milk but doesn't upset my stomach. I was kind of confused as to how they could make lactose-free milk but then I saw that lactase enzyme had been added as an ingredient...brilliant! For those of you unfamiliar with biochemistry, that may not mean anything but I think it's awesome. Even though it's expensive, I'll definitely opt for this more lactose-intolerance friendly version in the future.

Okey dokey, gotta run. It's about time for my mid-morning Fig Newton break. Have a great day.

xoxox

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when the 'mallow's flaming....

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home