Thursday, June 30, 2005

Work has been a nightmare this week. I think there have already been two days out of the past four that I have considered simply walking out the door and not returning. With only a month to go, my last nerve is barely intact. I can't wait to be a student again.

In other grumpy news, I'm so sick of being hot. I shouldn't complain--I love the summer like crazy. But my car's air is on the fritz, my apartment only has a measley air conditioning unit that's short-range and expensive to run, and I walk uphill 1/2 a mile to work every morning. By the time I get into the building, I have to go straight to the restroom to wipe off my neck and back...at 9 am! I think it'll "cool down" this weekend to the mid 80's and I can only pray that my parents have the air on at home.

Also, my family has unsurprisingly thrown together a last-minute familial Fourth of July celebration at my house. I few of my relatives are currently in the States from India and it just wouldn't be summer without a long weekend chock full of signing, food, karaoke, more food, more karaoke, and a lot of "adda"--the informal and elusive Bengali term for hanging around and chatting it up with friends and family. It's a pleasant synonym to Holden Caulfield's "shooting the shit." It should be fun and I'm looking forward to having company. Maybe everyone will be up for a day at the beach...?

Have a good one.

xoxox

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Son! Just found your website after your dad shamelessly promoted the fact that "I am now on google" (table tennis fame or something). Your weblog came up and of course I couldn't resist. Sorry about the Pistons, I was pulling for them as well. I just got back from Amsterdam and will send you photos. I hope you will be stopping in atlanta before you start dental school. Deblina (P-didi)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home